Tahini Chicken Salad with Beans and Peas
- For 6 tortillas
- 350 g chicken fillets, sliced + butter oil to fry
- 3 tbsp tahini
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- Juice from 1/2 lemon
- Salt and fresh pepper
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 2 sweet red apples, grated
- 150 g beans and peas mix, steamed
- 2 handfuls of fresh spinach
- Place the chicken slices in a frying pan over a high heat with a little olive oil, season with salt and pepper, roast them until cooked through. set aside.
- Toast the cumin seeds in a dry frying pan, until fragrant, use a pestle and mortar and grind the seeds.
- Steam the beans and peas. (Cover with ice cold water to stop cooking - in this way you can preserve the colours of the beans.) Set aside.
- In a mixing bowl combine the tahini, olive oil, cumin, lemon juice and a bit of salt and pepper - mix well together. (It'll be thick.)
- Add the steamed beans and peas and the grated apples to the tahini sauce.
- Stir the roasted chicken pieces into the tahini salad - Season to taste.
- Serve on lightly roast tortilla and with fresh spinach.
It's a 15-minute food, light, nutritious and extremely delicious - perfect for busy days. It keeps well in an airtight container in the fridge for a few days - so you can make it ahead.