if you need some sweet quickly, without any guilt. or with just a little bit of guilt 🙂
the sugar is halved this recipe compare to the original one, and put some extra rye flakes into it for the crunchiness - the result is convincing: you won't be able to stop eating.
triple coconut cookies
- 15 dkg rolled oats (not quick-cooking) and ryes flakes, mixed
- 6 dkg unsweetened shredded coconut
- 10 dkg virgin coconut oil*
- 5 dkg unsalted butter
- 5 dkg unsweetened cocoa powder
- 3.5 dkg oatflakes flour**
- 5 dkg brown muscovado sugar
- 5 dkg sweetened dried cranberries
- 8 tsp coconut milk
- 1 whole egg
- 6 g baking powder
- Preheat oven to 160 C and line two baking sheets with parchment paper.
- In a bowl, whisk together flour and baking powder, oat-rye mix and dried cranberries; set aside.
- In another bowl beat the butter and sugar until creamy and smooth. Add the egg and coconut milk and beat to combine.
- Add the flour mixture to the creamed mixture and beat until incorporated.
- Using a walnut-size dough per cookie, roll into balls, then flatten the cookies slightly with your wet fingers.
- Bake them about 18-20 minutes.
- Remove from oven and let the cookies cool a few minutes on the baking sheet before transferring them to a wire rack to cool completely.
* you can use refined coconut oil, as well, but the unrefined ("virgin") one has an extra coconut smell and taste which goes pretty well with cookies. here is more info about the coconut oil.
** make your own oat flakes flour with an electric coffee grinder.